Buh-Bye 2016

2016 kicked my ass. 

I don't have a better way to put it. It's not a stretch to say that this was the most difficult year of my life. Even worse than the year my mom died and I got divorced. Yeah, that kind of difficult, but piled way, way higher. At least there was no divorce this time. But I'm feeling... scathed. 

I don't know how I made it, but standing in the doorway between years, things are looking pretty darn good right now. Phew! Wow... what just happened? And man, am I tired.

Chances are, you got kicked around a bit too. It was a rough one for a lot of us. If you pay any attention to numerology, it's worth noting that 2016 was a "9" year (2+0+1+6=9). 9 is all about completion, which so often appears as endings and losses. Not always happy stuff to slog through, but with a little distance and a focused shift in perspective, completions and endings make way for beginnings. 2017 is a "10" or a "1." We're in luck! This next time around the sun is all about a fresh start. Not just because it's a new year, but also the beginning of another 9 year completion cycle. 

I swear to you, this could not be more accurate in my own little personal world.

Rather than recap (or more accurately, regurgitate) the last 12 months here, my plan is to make a list on paper of all the challenges, stresses, losses, pain, sadness, blah, blah, blah... and burn that sucker. Farewell 2016. Thanks for the lessons, the wrap-ups, the flourishes, the growth, the openings, and the amazing gifts. You did your job, top notch. Now on your way. Here's your hat, what's your hurry?

Then I'll write a love letter to 2017. Welcome! Let's go out and play and make things and move forward and laugh and share and dance... all of the above, on the beach! Something like that, short and sweet, and no stupid resolutions. I think gratitude and an open invitation to joy are all the guidance this particular new year will need.

More on the beach part soon. (Hint - we're moving!) For now, out with the old, in with the new, and an enormous sigh of relief.


Comments

  1. It was hard, wasn't it--!!!
    I am looking forward to some peace and love in 2017!
    xox, jean

    ReplyDelete
  2. "Gratitude and an open invitation to joy"—I love it! This has been a crazy, challenging year for us, as well. And also filled with so much beauty and adventure. Wishing you all good things in this new year, and in this new cycle of life. We're looking forward to reconnecting with you soon. Big hugs! Laurel & Eric

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment!

Popular posts from this blog

cats are not dogs, and how tangling string untangles frustration

where to buy what i make

soft spring scarf

yarn that speaks for itself

and what do you do?