Postcards From The Road - First Day of School

Today was the start of the Vegan Immersion course I've been waiting for for so many months. It was fun, I feel smarter, and everyone in the group is great, including our chef-teacher, Mark Reinfeld, of Vegan Fusion, who is sharing so much with us.

Rick and I started the day with a run at Alki Beach, my first run since I hurt my foot almost 2 weeks ago. I found myself grinning the whole time, simply because I was able to run again.


Finally off to school, I was a little early, and had plenty of time for a picture outside The Abbey, in the Fremont neighborhood of Seattle, where the class is being held.


Today was Soup Day. We broke up into teams, and made 4 different soups, all of them delightful, and all of them delicious. My favorite was the creamed broccoli and macadamia nut soup, that was so smooth and rich I just wanted to wander off and be alone with it. The cooking was fun, and of course tasting our work was a really nice reward.




Tomorrow I look forward to getting to know everyone a little better, making more beautiful food, and learning more little tricks that make everything I do in the kitchen just that much better. I am loving my life right now.

Comments

  1. Looks yummy Kim ! ..and don't you look like a smart first day school girl !
    Hope you're enjoying it so far, looking forward to tomorrow's menu !
    love, Michelle xoxox

    ReplyDelete
  2. So Happy for you.
    Suzie

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment!

Popular posts from this blog

cats are not dogs, and how tangling string untangles frustration

where to buy what i make

soft spring scarf

yarn that speaks for itself

and what do you do?