Postcards From The Road - Dessert Day

I knew it was going to be Dessert Day yesterday, so Rick and I went to the Wayward Vegan for a non-sweet breakfast before class. The food was good, in a "transitional" vegan sort of way, meaning there was a lot of faux meat and cheese, and white flour. Sort of like a vegan Denny's. They got big points for serving my tofu scramble with steamed kale though.




Back at school, Dessert Day was a sugar lover's dream come true. Not so much for me, but it was a lot of fun making all that pretty sweet stuff.

Blueberry Cobbler

Minty Chocolate chip Cookies

Chocolate Cake with Buttercream Frosting
Thankfully, there was a beautiful pizza in the mix - giving some balance to the super-sweetness of our snacks, and taking me back to our pizza days here in Seattle. Those were some good years, combining our families, and raising our kids from that crazy base camp called Honeymoon Pizza. (I did a Google search for "Honeymoon Pizza Seattle," and was surprised to see that directions to our place are still listed. Oh, nostalgia...)




After the pizza, we continued with the sugar madness, and made a chocolate cream pie and a carrot cake. Everything was made with the most "natural" sugars available, gluten free flours, and all vegan, of course. Still, by the end of the day, I had hit my personal sugar wall, and refused to taste any more. The sweet treats will last us the rest of the week now, as we go into the raw foods segment of the class. After our dinner at Thrive the other night, I'm really looking forward to more raw goodness!

After school, I found it particularly funny to help Lauren make dinner for her friends. She wanted to make my old tuna casserole recipe, minus the tuna. So there I was, after more than a week of uber-healthy cooking, stirring up blue-box mac & cheese with canned cream of mushroom soup and grated cheddar. I could have gotten weirded out by it, but I chose not to... well, mostly.




Well, all I have to say is, I didn't eat it, but I'm sure it was delicious to the lovely people who still enjoy that kind of thing. It was made with Love. Moving on...

Wish You Were Here!
xo Kim

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

cats are not dogs, and how tangling string untangles frustration

where to buy what i make

soft spring scarf

yarn that speaks for itself

and what do you do?