Monday, October 10, 2011

Seeds

I've got to get serious about making some beads. I will. Today. Later. I feel like I have spring fever in the fall. I can't concentrate on my "work." I just want to play and cook and do anything but go to the studio. I know it's time for a new career, but I don't want to abandon beads completely. There's some balancing to be done, and it can only be done day by day, or even moment by moment.

I went to an art opening the other night, for a show called SEED. It's inspired by the book Seeds, by Rob Kesseler and Wolfgang Stuppy. Look at the cover. This is so beautiful.


Today I want this book. I want it to magically appear at my studio door, and I want to sit with it for the afternoon, in a sunny window, with many cups of earl grey tea. I want the images of all those wondrous, mysterious seeds to work their way into my subconscious, and sprout as new ideas and inspirations. I want to make brightly colored beads with spikes and thorns and knobs. Impractical beads that can't be worn. I'm so weary of being practical. I want to throw it all in the air and see where it lands. I want to see what can grow in this darkening part of the year.

Of course my inner boss has already slapped that idea down, reminding me that a girl's gotta make a living. But maybe she'll get distracted today. And maybe I can sneak in some time to make something just for the fun of it, something nobody will want, something just to make my own heart sing.

~~~

I spent yesterday writing a week's worth of entries for PositivelyVegan. Today we have DIY Almond Milk. And tomorrow, cheese!

2 comments:

phyllisjanes said...

It's really hard to choose between responsibility and passion huh? Some people get lucky and have these 2 aligned. But for most of us, it's really one of the hardest choices we have to make. Hopefully some day you can get those 2 together.

- double glazing quote webmaster

double glazing said...

If I had to choose, I'll go for passion. They say that before you die, you regret the right things that you didn't do more than the wrong things that you did.