Wild and Wooly

We're waiting, waiting, sort of patiently, for our house to be empty. There is some slosh-over of timing that can't be avoided, and while we feel the clock ticking on this ideal time of year to sell a house, which we really need to do, we also realize we can only rush things so much. We have a lot of work ahead of us. OK, that's actually a pretty huge understatement, but I'm trying really hard not to freak out. We can only do what we can do, and soon enough it will be time to get to work and fix things up. Until the renters have their stuff out, we have no choice but to keep up with our Patience Practice, and make the best of this Time Of Waiting. I think we're doing remarkably well, and are even managing to maintain a good sense of humor. Nothing is ever going to be what we imagine. So we thought we were getting into one thing, and it turns out to be something pretty different. We're adaptable. We'll deal with the delay.

Meanwhile, we're finding all sorts of things to do to keep ourselves busy, and to get reacquainted with Taos. We're visiting with friends, who we now realize are our Taos Family, and who we've missed terribly. And lucky for us, there are loads of events in town this time of year. Today we went to the Taos Wool Festival, always a favorite for me, since I love to knit, in my own unskilled and humble way. The perfect fall weather is almost magically holding up, day after day, and it was just perfect for wandering through the booths of beautiful, bountiful yarns and fibers.


And we met some darling animals, including a baby yak, and a mama and baby alpaca duo who just made me want to go home and start an alpaca ranch. I mean, hey - we have an acre. It's more or less become de-landscaped in the last year. Why not get some cute, fuzzy animals and settle back in here?


And then I remembered... oh yeah... we live in a trailer. And we like to travel. And we have to sell our house because we're no longer willing to trade all our time and energy just to maintain it. And animals are a lot of work. Just about the time all these thoughts were racing through my head, a woman came by wearing the dearest little hand-knitted shrug. It was like a Note From God, a friendly smack upside the head, reminding me that now is not the time to Acquire Stuff, but to...


Actually, I very much appreciate it when God is not vague. Sometimes I just want to know what's expected of me. Thanks God. Message received. But while I wait, sort of patiently, I hope you don't mind if I keep finding amusing field trips to keep me from going nutso. I'm sure you understand.





Comments

  1. Okay, Kim, there is an Alpaca Ranch about a mile from my house. They use llamas to guard them, although I understand donkeys are good as dog/coyote deterants. They are just beautiful. Love those guys. You can visit them if you don't want to raise them yourself.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment!

Popular posts from this blog

cats are not dogs, and how tangling string untangles frustration

where to buy what i make

soft spring scarf

yarn that speaks for itself

and what do you do?