Puzzled

Just when you think things have hit the red zone on the Weird-O-Meter, steam starts coming out of all the cracks and the world goes even deeper into strangeness. I had an email from the people who rent our house this morning, telling me they are going to move. What??? I didn't see that coming at all, but maybe I should have. I won't say anything bad about them because we really like them, and they've been great tenants this past year. The sticking point for them is that they have adult daughters who need help, and they have a lot of pets. I mean a lot of pets. We knew there were several when we left Taos, but the numbers have somehow grown significantly since last July... to 19 cats and 14 dogs. I'm not kidding. And probably like you, I am slightly stunned. Maybe it's not a bad thing that all those animals will no longer be in our house, but we sure will miss having tenants who love the house and pay their rent on time.

I guess all those plans that were so up I the air yesterday have sorted themselves out to a certain degree. Thanks, God... We will have to go back to Taos in September, get the house back in order, and decide whether we want to rent it to someone else, try to sell it, or surrender to living in it again for a while. I really don't want to do that. One thing a year in a trailer has confirmed for us is that we love the way we're living now, and going back to a big house in a town we don't love sounds like such a terrible defeat. Might as well clap a rusty old ball n' chain to my ankle and send me out to move rocks.

Talking to my friend Sally the other day, we came up with a good analogy for what's happening to so many of us right now. It's like working a giant 1000 piece jigsaw puzzle, but all the pieces aren't even facing up yet. So many variables. So many unknowns. I've spent today in sort of an emotional rolodex, spinning from worried to curious to freaked out to happy to annoyed to resigned. At the moment, I'm just throwing my hands in the air in surrender. There's nothing I can do but wait for the rest of the puzzle pieces to be turned over. I can turn some of them, but a lot of this is out of my control.


Since we don't need to go until sometime in September, there's time to gather information, process emotions, and make decisions - for what those are worth. They say Taos Mountain either loves you or kicks you out. I guess it wants us back for some reason. I just hope it's only a small favor that needs to be done, and not some sort of big messy job, so we can get back in our trailer and go to the beach.

Photo shamelessly, but gratefully lifted from: http://doniganmerritt.wordpress.com/

Comments

  1. I hope you work it out Kim, just another branch of life's ever changing tree I guess ! I think the Cosmic T-square will bring eventual positive change for all of us (I hope !)
    Good luck xoxoxox

    ReplyDelete
  2. 19 cats and 14 dogs? Um, wow. Those aren't pets...that's an animal shelter lol!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment!

Popular posts from this blog

cats are not dogs, and how tangling string untangles frustration

where to buy what i make

soft spring scarf

yarn that speaks for itself

and what do you do?