reflecting


Hi there. I'm back. I guess I needed a little time away, but then we all need a chance to catch our breath now and then, don't we? Stepping back and looking at this blog (and wishing there was a better word for it... ) I decided it's time to give it a new slant. A new year is the perfect time to make changes, and believe me when I tell you I'm already in the process of making lots of them.

Rick and I are more or less settled in Ashland for the time being, but the journey continues on a more internal level than ever. I don't know if we'll ever be "home", at least not until we leave this world and go back to where we all started. But until then, there's a lot to be done, and what I'm learning from this wild ride we've strapped ourselves into is that it's all about creativity. I'm not only talking about the stuff we make, but also the way we live our lives. Every day presents us with choices and options, and living creatively means to look at those choices and make the most of them. This is how I intend to practice living my life in the coming year, and years to follow. Taking the long way home is a daily journey with no clear destination, and no real need for one. We'll know when we get there, and even then, we'll probably keep moving on. I hope you'll keep reading as I shift away from the family and personal day-to-day things, and lean more into sharing my experience in living an intentionally creative life.

Tonight we'll have a Blue Moon drifting across the sky. Be sure to look up, and even howl if you feel like it! Here's to 2009, with gratitude for all it gave us. And welcome to 2010, with open hearts and trust that it will be a darn fine year for us all. Happy New Year, my friends!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

cats are not dogs, and how tangling string untangles frustration

where to buy what i make

soft spring scarf

yarn that speaks for itself

and what do you do?